You would need the following documents to purchase a flat in Kolkata:
a. Sale/Conveyance deed:
All Sale /conveyance deeds in respect of the property concerned giving clear flow of title to the property wherein the last transaction is between the developer and the erstwhile owner. All documents must be registered documents, as without registration, title in the property does not pass on to the purchaser, under Law
b. Registered Joint Venture / Joint Development Agreement:
If the land is not acquired by outright purchase, then registered Joint Venture / Joint Development Agreement between the land owner and the present developer. Registered power of attorney given by the land owner to the developer empowering the developer to develop the property and sell the flats constructed thereon.
c. Permission & Sanctions:
- Non Agricultural (NA) permission of land
- Approved plan
- Commencement Certificate and Intimation of Disapproval (CC & IOD)
- Latest revenue records / property cards mentioning the name of the developer as last owner of the property.
- If the land is agricultural land, then 7/12 extracts and mutation extracts connected with the property showing the change in holder of the land. Class of holding of land to be Class I land entitling the developer to deal with the property in any manner whatsoever.
- Occupation Certificate in respect of the building in which the flat is constructed.
- Latest property tax bill and payment receipt in the name of developer evidencing the municipal records in respect of the property to be in the name of the developer.
- The project should be RERA registered and all details of the project including flow of title, all technical certificates are uploaded by the developer on the respective State RERA websites and is complying with the same